Turmeric is one of the most effective natural remedies for allergies. Not only is turmeric root powder inexpensive, but it has many beneficial healing properties. Research has shown that turmeric reduces inflammation by lowering histamine levels.1
Turmeric’s primary active component is a molecule called curcumin, a powerful antioxidant. If you don’t wish to take powdered turmeric in a tonic, you can also buy this curcumin as a standalone supplement. Other organic compounds in turmeric have been found to offer anti-fungal and general antibiotic value.
How Do I Take Turmeric for Allergies?
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of Turmeric with olive oil and ground pepper in a small dish. Mix well to make a paste. Take a teaspoonful at the start of a meal of with a large glass of water.
2. Dissolve ½ teaspoon turmeric powder in hot water. Add small amount of coconut oil and teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Stir well and drink this hot tea once a day.
3. Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric to a glass of whole milk (or almond milk) with a pinch of black pepper. This can be taken once or twice a day. You can also add turmeric to a cup of warm milk and drink this before going to bed.
4. Take one turmeric/curcumin capsule twice a day.
How Long Will It Take Before I Feel Better?
Many of our readers report that it takes less than 24 hours after consuming turmeric to feel relief from allergy symptoms.
Have you taken turmeric to cure your allergies? Please share your feedback with us! Continue reading below in the comments section to learn how our readers used turmeric to cure pet and pollen allergies.
1. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008 May;121(5):1225-31. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2007.12.1160. Epub 2008 Apr 18.