The most effective natural remedy for genital warts (also known as “HPV” or the Human Papillomavirus) is simple and inexpensive apple cider vinegar. Over 200 Earth Clinic readers have shared their stories of using apple cider vinegar to cure their genital warts since 2002.
Apple cider vinegar has been used as a stand-alone treatment for genital warts and it has been used alongside other remedies topically and internally. Since HPV is a virus, some immune building supplements like Vitamin C and a good probiotic would be a wise addition to the treatment regimen.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Treat Genital Warts?
Apple cider vinegar is an acid and as such slowly destroys infected skin, causing the wart to fall off. It is the acid that helps kill the virus. Many over the counter and prescription medications for warts are acidic, such as salicylic acid.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Genital Warts
- First, get a good quality raw and organic apple cider vinegar with the “mother.”
- Next, use a cotton ball or q-tip to apply apple cider vinegar directly to the wart, being careful to avoid contact with healthy skin. Most readers report that this is painful! But often even after the first treatment, the wart will begin to turn white.
- Try to keep the apple cider vinegar in contact with the warts for 10-20 minutes twice a day.
- Often results are seen in less than a week.
Helpful Tips for the Apple Cider Vinegar GW Treatment
- To keep the vinegar from contacting and damaging healthy skin, before applying the apple cider vinegar, apply a barrier oil to the healthy skin around the wart(s). Castor oil, olive oil, and coconut oil would be good oils for this purpose. Vaseline can also be used.
- Use a band-aid to keep a cotton ball in contact with warts for a longer amount of time, But often bandaids cause stress and damage to healthy tissue. One reader suggests using a sanitary pad to apply the apple cider vinegar. This will easily keep the vinegar in contact with the warts for a longer time without having adhesive touching the skin.
- If apple cider vinegar is too strong for your skin, dilute it with distilled water – 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 distilled water. It may take longer to see results but this diluted application will be less painful.
Do apply apple cider vinegar to any cuts or open wounds. Wait until the area has healed before you try applying apple cider vinegar.
Home Treatments for Genital Warts
Extra virgin coconut oil, colloidal silver, olive leaf extract, and oregano oil capsules are additional tried and true natural anti-virals popular among Earth Clinic readers. Click here to read an extensive list of natural remedies for GW.
Continue reading to learn how our readers fared using the apple cider vinegar method for genital warts. If you have used the apple cider vinegar cure, please send us your anonymous feedback to help others with this condition!