Removing a mole with apple cider vinegar requires a few household ingredients and some patience. It can take several days to more than a week for the mole to dry up and fall off.
What You Need to Remove a Mole with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Cotton balls
- Q tips
- Barrier cream to protect healthy skin
- Bandaids or medical tape
- Emory board
Step by Step Directions to Remove Your Mole
- Rough up the mole with the Emory board. This will allow the apple cider vinegar to penetrate more quickly.
- Use a Q tip to apply some sort of protective barrier to the skin around the mole. You can use a natural healing balm or diaper rash cream. Castor oil is a nice thick oil. Coconut oil is a think oil and may not work so well for this.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to a cotton ball or piece of cotton ball.
- Use a bandaid or medical tape to attach the cotton ball to the skin. Try to keep the apple cider vinegar from touching healthy skin. If it touches healthy skin, rinse it off.
- Repeat the above steps morning and evening until you have achieved the desired results.
What Will Happen to the Mole with the Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment?
It can take 5-10 days for the mole to completely dry up and come off.
Every mole does not respond the same way to this treatment. The mole may change color or texture. It may dry out and look like a scab. It may turn black or another shade of color.
Here is where you need patience. Do not pick the mole or any scab that forms. Allow it to come off naturally. Removing your scab early will increase your risk of infection and scarring!
When the mole comes off, the skin underneath may be lighter in color or pinkish. You can use some sort of moisturizer on this area for a week or two.
Be careful not to allow this new skin in the sun for a few weeks! This skin will be quite prone to sunburn.
Will This Treatment Hurt?
Some find this method to be nearly painless. Others experience discomfort. If this method bothers you, try another method or give it a break for a few days.
If you notice redness or infection, take a break from your treatment. Apply raw honey to the infection.
If the skin around the mole should get irritated from the apple cider vinegar, apply castor oil or coconut oil to the skin to promote healing.
Lastly, please send us your story! We would love to hear how apple cider vinegar moles worked for you! Continue reading to learn how Earth Clinic readers used ACV to remove their moles.