Oil pulling is an effective home treatment for a tooth abscess. Coconut oil or sesame oil are both excellent oils to use when you are used them as a natural remedy for a dental infection.
How to Oil Pull
The oil pulling process is very easy and can be completed in just a few simple steps.
- Oil pull on an empty stomach. First thing in the morning works for many people.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil in your mouth and begin swishing it around.
- Start with a short period of time and work your way up to 20 minutes.
- Spit the oil out in the trash can. Don’t swallow it as it is loaded with toxins.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water and brush your teeth as you normally do.
You may need to repeat this process every few hours for the first or second day. It can take weeks to completely cure a severe abscess.
Which Oil Should I Use for a Tooth Abscess?
Sesame oil or coconut oil are both excellent oils to use for oil pulling. Each have antibacterial properties. Do not use hydrogenated oils.
Continue reading below to learn about the oil pulling experiences of other Earth Clinic readers. Please contact us and let us know how oil pulling worked for your abscessed tooth.
Tooth Abscess Remedies