Cats can get set in their ways, including what they will eat or drink. When you need to give your cat a natural remedy like apple cider vinegar, some creativity is sometimes needed.
Some cats will easily take apple cider vinegar added to food or water. For cats who reject that method, you can try one of these ideas.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with some tuna fish, or with the water from the tuna fish can.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with some fish oil from a fish oil capsule.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with chicken broth.
- If you cannot get your cat to ingest apple cider vinegar, dip his paw into a solution of diluted apple cider vinegar and water. He will ingest it while grooming and some will be absorbed through the paw.
- Soak a cotton ball and apply dilute apple cider vinegar and water (50/50) to the scruff of the neck. This application method works extremely well.
Continue reading to learn all the methods our readers have tried to get their cats to take apple cider vinegar! Do you have a way to get your cat to easily take apple cider vinegar? We would love to hear how you do it!