Apple cider vinegar is an effective natural remedy for ear infections in cats. This inexpensive home treatment usually works very quickly.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Ear Infections in Cats
- Mix 1/4 cup raw and organic apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol.
- Use a dropper to drop several drops of the solution into your cat’s ears twice a day.
- Use a cotton ball to clean out the outer part of the ear after you put the drops in.
- After the initial infection has cleared, you can use this remedy once a week as a preventative.
- You can use pure water in place of the rubbing alcohol if the skin in your cat’s ears is broken (alcohol may sting.) The alcohol is preferred over water, however, because it helps to dry out the ear canal. Moisture in the ear canal can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
Continue reading for feedback from Earth Clinic readers who have tried the ACV remedy to treat an ear infection in their cat.