Apple cider vinegar is an effective natural remedy for conjunctivitis (pink eye) in cats. This home cure usually works very quickly and it doesn’t even have to be put directly into the eye!
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Conjunctivitis in Cats
- Mix 1/2 cup raw and organic apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup pure water.
- Soak a cotton ball with the apple cider vinegar solution.
- Apply to the back of the infected cat’s neck (the scruff) twice a day.
If your cat’s eyes are particularly gunky or uncomfortable, you can use a VERY DILUTED apple cider vinegar solution on the eyelids.
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of warm water.
- Gently use a clean cloth or cotton ball to clean the cat’s eyes.
- It isn’t necessary to get the solution directly into the eyes. Some will end up under the eyelids incidentally.
Learn How to Apply ACV Topically to Your Pet
Watch Earth Clinic’s video on how to apply ACV topically to your cat or dog. It’s gentle, non-traumatic, and effective!