Blackstrap molasses is a powerful food full of nutrients. It should be expected that it would have a powerful taste, which can make it difficult to take regularly. Incorporating your blackstrap molasses into your diet by adding it to recipes, makes this superfood much more palatable. In fact, you may even enjoy your daily dose of blackstrap!
Blackstrap in your Breakfast
- Add 1-3 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses to your morning coffee or tea.
- Add 1-3 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses to your oatmeal.
- Use blackstrap molasses to sweeten your pancakes instead of syrup.
- Add 1-3 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses to your morning smoothie.
Blackstrap Molasses in your Snacks
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350*. Mix butter, molasses and honey. Beat in eggs and orange juice. Add dry ingredients and mix everything together. Stir in raisins. Spread into a greased 9×9 pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- If you cut this into 9 pieces, each piece will have about 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in it. If you cut it into 16 pieces, each piece will have about 2 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses in it.
Blackstrap Molasses in your Dinner
Blackstrap BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Blend all ingredients together. ½ cup of this sauce has about ¾ tablespoon of blackstrap molasses. Additionally, it has a little over 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in it, which also has many health benefits.
Blackstrap Molasses Peanut Butter Fudge
- ½ cup soft coconut oil
- ½ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread into a wax paper lined 8×8 pan.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- If you cut this into 16 squares, each square will have 1 ½ teaspoons of blackstrap molasses.
Do you have a recipe that uses blackstrap molasses? Continue reading below to learn many more delicious recipes our readers have tried and let us know if you have a special blackstrap molasses recipe to add to the list!