Oil pulling is still not widely known to most Americans, although much of the world has been oil pulling for many centuries. This very simple health technique offers big health benefits. It’s safe and inexpensive, so consider trying it for yourself. We believe that you’ll be glad that you did.
Benefits of Oil Pulling with Olive Oil
The primary benefit of oil pulling is improved oral health, but the payoffs don’t stop there. Studies have found that poor oral health and chronic gum infections are linked to serious health issues, such as heart problems.
Specific health benefits that have been reported by Earth Clinic posters from oil pulling with olive oil include:
- Better mouth health and cleaner, whiter teeth, fresher breath
- Sinus cleared, less wheezing and coughing
- Finger nails grew fast and had white tips
- Hair and beard grew thicker and softer
- Increased energy and mental clarity
- Elevated mood (many people said this)
- Softer skin, one person reported that their cracked heels were healed
- Eyes stopped feeling itchy or dry
- Many people reported becoming de-addicted from tobacco, alcohol and/or caffeine;
- Lost weight doing oil-pulling using extra virgin olive oil.
In addition to detoxing, olive oil also delivers a number of phytonutrients and antioxidants to the body. After all, most health-conscious people keep olive oil handy for salads and cooking. Olive oil is often recommended for those attempting to eat a “heart-healthy” diet.
Can Another Oil be Used?
Many people ask, “Do I have to use a specific oil?” No, many different oils can be used; each has particular reported benefits. Olive oil is one of the most readily available oils with the greatest benefits. To learn more about the benefits offered by different oils, read Sandy’s incredible Oil Pulling Compilation, based on hundreds of testimonials from Earth Clinic readers!
Reports From Earth Clinic Readers on the Benefits of Oil Pullling with Olive Oil
Carlos is happy about his new Hollywood smile![YEA] Ok I just want to report after few days I have those white teeth that when I look in the mirror I’m amazed. I always had beautiful big teeth but yellow in color so my smile wasn’t such a remarkable thing. I don’t smoke or drink coffee but they were yellow no matter the toothpaste I used. I don’t know if I should keep doing it cause people will really notice it’s getting to be a hollywood smile lol!
Rusty wrote us about his much-improved health after oil pulling for two years.[YEA] I have been oil pulling for the past 2 years and the first thing that I have noticed is that I have not had a bad cold since then, and using olive oil at first was harsh but, I have become used to it. Losing weight I am way over weight and since I have been oil pulling I have lost 50 lbs and feel much better. I oil pull every morning before I have breakfast for about 20 minutes. When I come home from work I oil pull again this time longer over one hour while on my computer. Oil pulling is a part of my daily life.
My over all condition has improved a lot. No more asthma atacks or wheezing and with the loss of the weight I find myself getting around much more instead of watching TV all the time. I am not as tired as how I used to be after losing the toxins that plays a major roll in my life. At the beginning my body was purging out all the impurities and this does happen. Depending on your condition. Everyone’s condition is different.
Oil pulling is really nothing more complicated than swishing oil around in your mouth for a few minutes. It’s that easy. Oil pulling began as a form of Ayurvedic medicine, known as oil gargling. Since then, oil pulling has continued to be recognized for its ability to eliminate toxins and treat a wide range of health conditions.
How to Do Oil Pulling
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil (or your favorite oil) into your mouth first thing in the morning.
- Swish the oil in your mouth and move jaws up and down as if chewing. The idea is to keep the oil moving.
- Do this for 15-20 minutes. If you can’t do it that long, just do what you can. It becomes easier.
- Do not swallow the oil; it is collecting the bacteria in your mouth.
- Spit out the oil, rinse your mouth with water (some use salt water) and brush your teeth.
Oral health has a unique tie to overall health. Even without the general health benefits, oil pulling is a great way to gain beautiful, white teeth without using harsh and expensive whitening treatments. So, will you try oil pulling and find out if it works for you?
Continue reading below for more reviews from Earth Clinic readers who have tried oil pulling with olive oil. Some of the feedback is amazing! Let us know what you think!