Many viruses are self-limiting because the body eliminates the virus naturally. Chronic or lingering viruses, as we all know, either don’t get better or keep reoccurring. Some can last a lifetime, causing the person to become progressively sicker, including Hepatitis B and C and HIV. Chronic fatigue syndrome has been linked to viruses, among other possible causes. Other lingering viruses resemble colds or the flu. In all cases, the immune system is the body’s best way of eradicating a virus and preventing new infection.
Natural treatments of chronic or lingering viruses are aimed at strengthening the immune response and treating symptoms.
Holistic Treatment for Chronic Virus
Earth Clinic readers have made many wonderful suggestions over the years, which you can read in depth below. Here’s a summary of some of the suggested remedies that might help a lingering virus:
– Organic Apple Cider Vinegar tonic: 2 tsp. in a glass of water, honey optional.
– Colloidal Silver, one ounce orally or 1 tsp. sniffed into both sinus cavities.
– Coconut oil.
– 35% Food grade Hydrogen Peroxide: 1 drop in large glass distilled water, 3x a day, between meals, slowly increasing to 10 drops.
– Hydrogen Peroxide inhalation: check under ‘Remedies’ for details.
– Eucalyptus oil or hydrogen peroxide: a few drops in a small humidifier or vaporizer.
– Liposomal Vitamin C, high dose for Human T-Lymphotropic Virus (Htlv).
– One whole lemon squeezed in 8 oz. water.
– Fresh lemon juice: 1 tsp. every half hour for 2 hours – 4 doses.
– Pau D’Arco tea, 3 cups a day.
– Other possibilities: Calcium AEP, DMSO, echinacea, germanium 132, lauric acid, lavender oil, lomatium, Lysine, magnesium chloride, N Acetyl Cystine, sodium lauryl sulfate, squalamine, tea tree oil, zinc.