Can Alternative Treatments help prevent or treat coronavirus symptoms? Since January, there have been hundreds of reports in the media that millions of people worldwide are seeking alternative or holistic remedies to prevent infection or to treat the symptoms of COVID-19.
While scientists at NIH and elsewhere around the world are testing vaccines and therapies, in the beginning of the pandemic, there was little evidence that natural or alternative remedies could either prevent or “cure” the illness caused by the virus. (1)
Thankfully, feedback has been reported from people who were diagnosed with COVID-19 and used herbs, supplements, and a combination of home remedies to strengthen their immune system and successfully heal from the viral symptoms.
Top Natural Treatments for COVID-19Below are the most popular natural remedies for the coronavirus (COVID-19), according to Earth Clinic readers, ranked by the total number of 4 & 5-star reviews.
Alternative Treatments for COVD-19
Earth Clinic readers report what natural remedies they think might help either prevent COVID-19 or help with symptoms.
Other suggestions include supplements like Iodine, Selenium, Zinc, Monolaurin, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Sea Salt, Oregano Oil. A Complex Carb diet is also recommended, as are alkalizing foods.
Author Bill Thompson (Candida, Killing so Sweetly) reports that potassium is an important supplement to take during Coronavirus recovery. Bill also provides an extensive list of supplements and herbs that he is taking to prevent COVID-19. You can read his protocol here.
The best prevention is to avoid exposure to the virus.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the following to help prevent the spread of this virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep children home from school when they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Interactive Map of Worldwide COVID-19 Cases
Here’s an excellent interactive map from John Hopkin’s showing all the confirmed cases worldwide.
Continue reading below for comments from Earth Clinic readers.